Question is there any free apps for blocking calls?

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i went into my phone and made a list of people that can call me as family and told the phone to block every call not in the family group and i still get calls from outside the family group. i have the lg k20 phone android 7.0 . so is there any way to block calls? if so is there any youtube or steps that show just how to do that? thanks

pkcable

Great
Oct 30, 2019
Tons of apps exist for this, I have tried Truecaller and Youmail. If you want a GREAT voicemail app (that can transcribe your messages, and notify you by text or email when you have a message) then Youmail is your best bet. If caller ID is more important to you, then I would go with Truecaller. I think truecaller is also better at spam detection and blocking, although Youmail can also do this.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i looked into truecaller but about the time got it all setup it wanted a monthly payment. so it was not a free app as komando said it was. some tole me about setting up a groups and blocking every call not in that group and that did not work for squat.

thanks

pkcable

Great
Oct 30, 2019
i looked into truecaller but about the time got it all setup it wanted a monthly payment. so it was not a free app as komando said it was. some tole me about setting up a groups and blocking every call not in that group and that did not work for squat.

thanks
It's sorta like shareware, or a regular and "premium" version. In my experience the free version of Truecaller and Youmail were enough for my needs. Also some cell carriers have their own solutions, for free or for an extra charge. T-Mobile's is free and its called Scam ID. It uses AI, and pattern recognition to block suspected spam. I think Verizon has one too, but I think they charge extra. Other carriers may also, check with yours.