Is there any way to alter the voltage on my GTX 660 Ti?

Conlan

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have read before that while using a GTX 660 Ti, although MSI afterburner will allow the user to "Unlock the voltage control", you aren't actually able to change your voltage with the slider; it just looks like you can. My voltage slider will let me go all the way up to +100 MV (To what base number I don't know). I've read about some things such as re-flashing the card's BIOS to a custom ROM that will allow me to actually change my voltage, but I don't want to do something I don't understand and get in over my head. After all, I am very new to overclocking.

Solution
The top voltage limit is set in hardware I think.

I am almost sure that you will need to hardware modify the card to get farther.

Also remember that the card monitors the power consumption(so you can set clocks as high as you want, but when power runs out it will drop 13mhz at a time until you get within the cards power limit), with higher voltage comes higher power draw(you can override it to a certain amount with afterburner.). They have another very easy hardware mod to get past this.

Either way as a beginner, I recommend staying within the offered voltage.

You can also try Nvidia Inspector to see if it gives you more overclocking options.

nukemaster

Distinguished
The top voltage limit is set in hardware I think.

I am almost sure that you will need to hardware modify the card to get farther.

Also remember that the card monitors the power consumption(so you can set clocks as high as you want, but when power runs out it will drop 13mhz at a time until you get within the cards power limit), with higher voltage comes higher power draw(you can override it to a certain amount with afterburner.). They have another very easy hardware mod to get past this.

Either way as a beginner, I recommend staying within the offered voltage.

You can also try Nvidia Inspector to see if it gives you more overclocking options.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS