Is there any way to connect my soundbar to my LG tv even though it doesn't have an audio output on the tv itself?

Maurice_8

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Soundbar won't work. If anyone has any suggestions. Please let me know. Would hate to just have to take the sound bar back or get another tv...I think it's weird that an LG TV wouldn't automatically be compatible with the LG sound bar.

Solution
Hello.

You have not specified you model number. Please specify your TV model number for better replies.

Generally, the best way to connect a soundbar with a modern LG TV is through the optical audio output. Connect a Optical audio wire directly from the TV set to the sound bar.
For example:
N424klP.jpg

If it doesn't work this way, or your TV doesn't have an optical audio output, you can use an audio extractor.
Hello.

You have not specified you model number. Please specify your TV model number for better replies.

Generally, the best way to connect a soundbar with a modern LG TV is through the optical audio output. Connect a Optical audio wire directly from the TV set to the sound bar.
For example:
N424klP.jpg

If it doesn't work this way, or your TV doesn't have an optical audio output, you can use an audio extractor.

Solution