Is there anyway to get 1080p or even 720p on my projector

Solution
Ah right well if it states it can do 1080 i, Interlaced mode then fine.
You should be able to get that resolution via the 15 pin D-sub.

The thing is in reality it says 1080 i because it uses what we call scan line switching.
The picture generated rapidly switches from the odd an even line numbers of the image or source you display.
Full True 1080p Should run at a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
But when in interlaced mode the Hz of the signal is halved to about 29Hz for switching between the odd and even scan lines.
That results in slight flickering that can be seen.

As long as you have a decent new graphics card, or new laptop then you should be able to get the quoted 1080 i resolution from the 15 pin D sub connector.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Put simply you cannot, if all you have on the projector is a 15 pin D-sub in blue then the maximum resolution you can get out of it is the quoted native resolution.

Native is the highest, screen size input and pixle resolution, plus the screen format the projector is capable of displaying. In your case 4:3 dimension.
HD requires a 16:9 or 16:10 dimension.
Anything above it, from a source device such as a Pc output will yeild a message on no signal, a blank or blue screen because it is beyond what the projector can produce in image resolution.

jablowme69

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
so i am able to understand this clearly i was reading in the general section of my projector it says that 1080i is compatible but because there is no connection on the projector to show it it is not possible? I am very new so i have no clue how this stuff works.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Ah right well if it states it can do 1080 i, Interlaced mode then fine.
You should be able to get that resolution via the 15 pin D-sub.

The thing is in reality it says 1080 i because it uses what we call scan line switching.
The picture generated rapidly switches from the odd an even line numbers of the image or source you display.
Full True 1080p Should run at a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
But when in interlaced mode the Hz of the signal is halved to about 29Hz for switching between the odd and even scan lines.
That results in slight flickering that can be seen.

As long as you have a decent new graphics card, or new laptop then you should be able to get the quoted 1080 i resolution from the 15 pin D sub connector.

Solution
I would point out that the listed signals under Video Compatibility is the type of inputs the projector will accept. It will not output at any resolution above 1024x768. A 1080i input will be downscaled to 1024x576 (16:9 aspect ratio) So no. It cannot output a 720p/1080i display.

-Wolf sends