is there such a thing as hdmi converters to connect "smart" technology to old technics stereo receivers

Apr 7, 2018
I have a Technics SA gx770 that I would like to connect via HDMI to my cable box, smart TV & surround sound system. Is there such a thing as HDMI converter devices to convert/connect the signals?

Solution
If you had to use HDMI an HDMI-ARC audio extractor would provide an audio output from the TV to the receiver but using an optical to analog converter would be simpler and leave the HDMI input free. No advantage to using HDMI in this case.
Check the TV manual on how to configure HDMI-ARC or the optical audio output. They are usually not on by default.
If you had to use HDMI an HDMI-ARC audio extractor would provide an audio output from the TV to the receiver but using an optical to analog converter would be simpler and leave the HDMI input free. No advantage to using HDMI in this case.
Check the TV manual on how to configure HDMI-ARC or the optical audio output. They are usually not on by default.

Solution