is this a good gaming laptop?

meikeerthi

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I am looking to buy Lenovo ideapad y510p laptop and I want to know if there are any better laptop than this laptop.any suggestions shall be appreciated and it should have a good battery backup.
My budget is 65000

Solution
Ok then. You can go for Lenovo 510-p. It's only 65 less performing than the dell. NOTE: The Lenovo 510 Series Laptops are discontinued in flipkart and you may find it priced a little higher in other online stores or offline stores.

Don't rely on flipkart specs. they're absolute crap. The dell has the "U" series CPU which means ultra-low voltage which consumes lesser power. Check these real world reviews (reviewed in all categories):
Lenovo Ideapad Y510-P vs Dell inspiron 15R 5537

Also, what I've gone through is:
Lenovo Y510p
Advantages:
1.1080p screen.
2.CPU can be replaced/upgraded.
3.GPU can be upgraded.
4.Keyboard Back lightening.

Disadvantages:
1.Costlier than Dell.
2.Heavier...

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
You did not specify what kind of games you would run on this laptop, but the processor is good enough to handle modern games.
Although, on Lenovo's website it says it is a high performance multimedia laptop, which usually means it has a mediocre graphics card.
No worries though, GT755M seems to be a decent enough graphics card to handle modern games in medium settings.
Just don't use your laptop on your lap when your going to game as it can get pretty hot!

meikeerthi

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I will be playing games like FIFA 15,gta5,assasins's creed 4 and other future games and I want to know if these games will run in high or medium settings and also in want to know if this laptop is future proof till 2019.if there are any better laptop than this you can suggest it and it has to be below 65000 rs.

meikeerthi

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
The laptop Dell inspiron 15r 5537 is good but the Dell laptop has 3 battery backup while the Lenovo laptop has 5hr battery backup.so do you know a good laptop battery that lasts 5-6hr.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Ok then. You can go for Lenovo 510-p. It's only 65 less performing than the dell. NOTE: The Lenovo 510 Series Laptops are discontinued in flipkart and you may find it priced a little higher in other online stores or offline stores.

Don't rely on flipkart specs. they're absolute crap. The dell has the "U" series CPU which means ultra-low voltage which consumes lesser power. Check these real world reviews (reviewed in all categories):
Lenovo Ideapad Y510-P vs Dell inspiron 15R 5537

Also, what I've gone through is:
Lenovo Y510p
Advantages:
1.1080p screen.
2.CPU can be replaced/upgraded.
3.GPU can be upgraded.
4.Keyboard Back lightening.

Disadvantages:
1.Costlier than Dell.
2.Heavier by a small margin.
3.Poor battery life.

Dell Inspiron 15
Advantages:
1.Great Battery life ( ~12 hours while torrenting)
2.Lighter by a small margin.
3.Slimmer.

Disadvantages:
1.720p screen.
2.Driver compatibility issues.
3.CPU soldered to board and can't be replaced/upgraded.
4.No Keyboard back lightening.

Both Dell and Lenovo have great After Sales Service.

P.S. If you want long lasting laptop (in terms of battery) go for Dell. If you want high performing gaming laptop go for lenovo. If you want both go for higher budget.

Solution