LukeMeyerCool

Estimable
May 9, 2014
First off, I know this camera is good. I'm just not sure if it's good for what I need.

Here's a link to it
http://www.takealot.com/full-hd-1080p-waterproof-action-sport-camera-with-16gb-sd-card/PLID42522182

It costs around 50USD.

Includes:

Waterproof case
Helmet mount
Bike mount
Suggested use:

Main features:

Sports edition, hi-definition motion DVR with superb feature set
1.5 inch high-resolution LCD capturing HQ 1080P FHD video
4x digital zoom
Sports design: Stylish and matches your gear
Ultra compact and lightweight design
IP68 waterproof up to 30 metres for capturing water action
Multiple video formats: 1080P, 720P, and WVGA
Multiple photo modes: Single shot and Snapper
Video encryption enabled for privacy
Video recording while charging
Crystal clear HDMI output and motion detection
SD card up to 32GB - 16GB included
Dimensions: 3cm (L) x 6cm (W) x 4.1cm (H)

Apparently it's used to capture sports, but I wanted a really good cheap camera to capture YouTube Videos. I won't even be moving around a lot in the videos. I'm worried that the camera will have some weird rounded look in the video recording as opposed to the normal rectangular shape.

I believe GoPro cameras have rounded edges in the video recording. I dont want that.
Also I want to know if I can mount it to a tripod.

The camera (for what it's offering) is basically dirt cheap. At least that's what I think. Can someone just clarify so I don't buy something unusable.

Solution
The fisheye mus be removed afterwards. It cannot be removed while filming. GoPro studio has this option, just select it and you are done. Adobe products can also be used but GoPro has their own software GoPro studio which is very nice for non-professionals.

I find GoPro has such great recording quality and the GoPro studio is pretty good that it makes it very fun for amateur users or 99% of their clients. And everything has a GoPro mount available such as drones. They are kind of the IPhone of the video world and accessories are a dime a dozen.

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
GoPro cameras can have the fisheye effect removed. When using cameras you need to learn about post processing of videos for best quality.

If it was me I'd be getting a GoPro for quality/price/value.

LukeMeyerCool

Estimable
May 9, 2014

I mean if I can fix any issues I have while the recording then I'll be fine

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
The fisheye mus be removed afterwards. It cannot be removed while filming. GoPro studio has this option, just select it and you are done. Adobe products can also be used but GoPro has their own software GoPro studio which is very nice for non-professionals.

I find GoPro has such great recording quality and the GoPro studio is pretty good that it makes it very fun for amateur users or 99% of their clients. And everything has a GoPro mount available such as drones. They are kind of the IPhone of the video world and accessories are a dime a dozen.

Solution