Is this computer good enough to edit videos with the sony vegas and or the elgato editing software?

LethalFreddy

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Hey there, I´m a person with little experience with computers since i´ve never had one for myself. I´ve recently started a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt86b91BkQUxJeODpKJoepA) and so far i´ve been editing and recording the videos with the ps4´s Sharefactory app and i now want to take my editing to the next level. I have ordered an Elgato capture card so i will be able to record my videos in 1080p 60fps and now i need a computer to edit the videos on. I have set up a budget on how much i´m willing to spend (400-700 dollars). I´ve found a computer that is around 550 dollars where i live http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04753294 I wonder if this computer would be enough to edit videos with sony vegas or the elgato editing software. I also wonder if it will be able to run simple games like garrys mod, league of legends and WOW. If this computer does not meet up with the requirements please suggest some other computer. Thanks for your time.

Solution
Hi,

There is absolutely NO WAY you could go with that PC.
We are talking about rendering videos in 1080p @ 60fps!

OK...

My suggestion for your price range:

Motherboard: Asus Z77-A ATX LGA-1155.
CPU: i7-2600K.
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX570.
PSU: at least 600w.
RAM: at least 16GB.
HDD: as required.
SSD: not required.

That is the maximum in your price range.
With that set up you could render a 30 minutes 1080p 60 fps video in at least 4 hours.

How about uploading it to youtube? you need about 10Mbps uploading speed!

I hope that helps you.

almostageek

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
You can use Elgato, but unfortunately, that PC does not meet the required hardware to run Sony Vegas. Should run League of Legends fine, Garry's mod I don't know, but WOW is impossible (either World of Warplanes or World of Warships, I don't know about World of Warcraft)
What you have to do: buy a graphics card, depending on your choice you may also have to upgrade your PSU (power supply unit) as well

TelevisedAI

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
Hi,

There is absolutely NO WAY you could go with that PC.
We are talking about rendering videos in 1080p @ 60fps!

OK...

My suggestion for your price range:

Motherboard: Asus Z77-A ATX LGA-1155.
CPU: i7-2600K.
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX570.
PSU: at least 600w.
RAM: at least 16GB.
HDD: as required.
SSD: not required.

That is the maximum in your price range.
With that set up you could render a 30 minutes 1080p 60 fps video in at least 4 hours.

How about uploading it to youtube? you need about 10Mbps uploading speed!

I hope that helps you.

Solution

almostageek

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015

eyy... that's not true. Here I use i3-2100 and can still render at 1080p 60 FPS :D just takes a bit more time because I have an SSD though... lol, problem only exits with 4K because it requires 8 cores and my CPU with HT enabled only has 4