Is this enough to make sure my PC is secured?

KKAW

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,
I've recently installed a software and it definitely has a ton of malware/viruses. Tons of random programs were installed and my Google Chrome got messed up, etc.

Anyways i used these following programs to scan:
Malware Bytes: Scanned until 0 Threats.
Avast: Full System Scan.
CC Cleaner: Making sure that programs and startup was all clean and all the software in my Program Files were not malware/viruses.

This should be enough, correct? Just wanted some insight from Malware/Virus experts.

Solution
Depending on what you installed, and from where, it could be malware. On the other hand, it's also very likely that you have nothing more than adware, which is basically just unwanted programs.

I'd recommend using IObit Uninstaller, to aid in removing programs properly, and then use Ccleaner to help clean up the remainder of the registry errors that will occur (completely normal with uninstalling any program). If you want to run some AV software after that, I'd recommend Bitdefender, Panda, and Avira's free scanners. I believe they all have free AV software as well, but I would only recommend Bitdefender's free AV, as it's the most secure of the three.

Running multiple scanners won't cause any problems; but as Batman1121 said, running...

Batman1121

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
yep you should be fine .That happened to me once too.Adwares messed up my browser.I used lavasoft ad aware to remove them.One suggestion though don't use two antivirus software at once.They will not only interfere with each other but also make your pc slow.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Depending on what you installed, and from where, it could be malware. On the other hand, it's also very likely that you have nothing more than adware, which is basically just unwanted programs.

I'd recommend using IObit Uninstaller, to aid in removing programs properly, and then use Ccleaner to help clean up the remainder of the registry errors that will occur (completely normal with uninstalling any program). If you want to run some AV software after that, I'd recommend Bitdefender, Panda, and Avira's free scanners. I believe they all have free AV software as well, but I would only recommend Bitdefender's free AV, as it's the most secure of the three.

Running multiple scanners won't cause any problems; but as Batman1121 said, running multiple AVs programs will cause problems. If you need any clarification, we're here!

I'd just remove the programs, and then see if there are any signs of malware present. Typically this will be apparent with a higher CPU and RAM idle, as well as higher fan speeds. If you'd rather run the AV scanners, that's your call. Figured I'd give you the option ;)

Solution

KKAW

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

Thanks, i think my computer is cleaned up now and all my games and programs seem to be running just fine as usual.