is this idea good?

yasserBasha

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
hi guys

so i want to migrate my OS from HDD to new SSD i bought,because my PC was too slow on boot and i have services and games installed that was much trouble to setup i don't want to re-install OS and go through all that again many people recommended programs like ghost,acronis and macrium reflect

Is this a good idea or it has risks (losing files of services already installed on source drive) ?

Solution
i used macrium reflect for exactly this purpose - has worked flawlessly on me on a few upgrades, laptop, dekstop etc.

Also has nice options for cloning to a network disk image.

If you use macrium, it doesnt remove any data from the original disk, so you can test the new one works ok before getting rid of the old disk.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
i used macrium reflect for exactly this purpose - has worked flawlessly on me on a few upgrades, laptop, dekstop etc.

Also has nice options for cloning to a network disk image.

If you use macrium, it doesnt remove any data from the original disk, so you can test the new one works ok before getting rid of the old disk.

Solution

yasserBasha

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Thank you very very much my friend .... appreciate your help very much, though i wouldn't get rid of my HDD i'm just making it a storage drive and benefit from ssd high speed rates