Is this laptop a good deal?

scuba steve

Estimable
May 13, 2015
My current laptop is about 5 years old & is starting to show its age (overheats frequently, slow startup, CD drive doesn't work, battery won't recharge even after I've replaced both the adapter & battery). So, I'm wanting to get a new one

I do some gaming, but nothing intensive like 3D action games or stuff like that. Outside of that, mostly use it to play music & videos, surf the web & do office type of work on it

Found this Lenovo & it looked like it would both fit my needs & be able to last me another 5 years or so
- Intel Core i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz) CPU
- 16GB DDR3 Memory
- 1TB HDD + 8GB SSHD
- 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS LED Display
- 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
- Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)

Would this laptop be able to do what I need from it for the next half decade before needing to be replaced? Also is $900 a decent price tag for it?

The laptop itself is a pretty good deal since you are getting an Intel quad core CPU and a GTX 860m which is pretty good for playing many games at 1080p.

However, the laptop is a bit overkill for your stated needs. But its performance will be more than enough for your basic needs as long as nothing goes wrong with the laptop.

scuba steve

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Thanks guys. Would rather have a laptop better than what I need than one that hits the minimum of my needs and needs to replaced sooner, so I ended up going with this one

TRENDING THREADS