Solved! Is this laptop good enough for schoolwork and programming?

Sep 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying this laptop to take to school and to use for programming when I am away from my main PC. However, I am slightly concerned about the components and if they will hold up. The SSD is only 128GB and I'm not sure if there is another slot to add an additional HDD or SSD. For $350AUD (using a code), I think its not a bad choice, however I am concerned about the storage and the performance. Would it suit my needs and is the storage going to be an issue? Thanks so much for any replies! :D https://renewd.com.au/products/acer-aspire-s5-371t-13-3-touch-laptop-intel-core-i3-128gb-ssd-8gb-ram-win-10-nx-gcksa-011-345389?variant=12914512035863

Solution
Most likely it should be fine and you probably can take out the 128 and put in a 1 TB SSD later. Bear in mind that CPU is not the fastest but it will still do fine as a programming laptop

There are plenty of USB drives like western digital my passport drives you can use externally for storage as well

Anyway I use a really weak CPU as my programming laptop and it’s really good so don’t worry about it.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
Most likely it should be fine and you probably can take out the 128 and put in a 1 TB SSD later. Bear in mind that CPU is not the fastest but it will still do fine as a programming laptop

There are plenty of USB drives like western digital my passport drives you can use externally for storage as well

Anyway I use a really weak CPU as my programming laptop and it’s really good so don’t worry about it.

Solution