Is this laptop good for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwill

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys,
Am looking to buy a new laptop, am getting one for casual gaming and normal daily use and i've had these specs in my mind for a while,

i7 core 2.2 Ghz
6GB ram
750GB HDD
2GB dedicated (radeon graphics card)
Screen 15.6"
Windows 8

Am mostly gonna play World of warcraft from time to time, and just use it on daily basis for movies and such,
Oh and will it work fine if i connect it to another screen ? I have a 20" hp screen, can i play games on it ?

Sorry for the long question and thanks :D

Solution
Hi ignore the advert spammer below , while HP do make some excellent hardware that was NO use to you as an answer and cheapened the hp brand in doing so.

That sort of configuration will be fine for WoW , its a fairly processor intensive game , if you can get the model numbers of the i7 processor and the actual graphics card number i would be able to give you much better info
Or you can check it out yourself using this handy table . try to make sure its at least class 1 or class 2 if its class 3 avoid it

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

Factors to consider make sure that the laptop you buy has a hdmi or DVI output ( most use HDMI) these days)

See what inputs your monitor has ( example...

Deathwill

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
The laptop that i looked at with the specs above was infact an hp, and i plan on buying an hp laptop, i just wanna know if those specs are good for a casual games and if i can connect another 20" screen with no problems,

Thanks though :D

synthaside

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Hi ignore the advert spammer below , while HP do make some excellent hardware that was NO use to you as an answer and cheapened the hp brand in doing so.

That sort of configuration will be fine for WoW , its a fairly processor intensive game , if you can get the model numbers of the i7 processor and the actual graphics card number i would be able to give you much better info
Or you can check it out yourself using this handy table . try to make sure its at least class 1 or class 2 if its class 3 avoid it

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

Factors to consider make sure that the laptop you buy has a hdmi or DVI output ( most use HDMI) these days)

See what inputs your monitor has ( example picture showing each port type labled )
http://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/oFWUy4OBqyNgtdmZ/D-sub_DVI_HDMI_IO-ports.jpg

If your monitor just has the blue d-sub type input you will need to buy yourself an adapter ( $5-$10)
Better yet if you have a link to an actual model you are considering i'll be able to give you an honest opinion

Solution

synthaside

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Oh .... just one more thing ... hard drive read speed is very important ... most laptops will come with a big 5400 drive .... which is stone age speed wise , try to get 7200 at least or better yet a SSD

Deathwill

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Hey,
Thanks a lot for your reply :) i went and got the module number for the graphics card and the processor

Graphics card: Radeon (TM) HD 7670M
Processor: Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

The graphics card is class 2 if am not wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.