Is this laptop viable ?

DerBear

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
So I was wondering if this laptop was still a viable option for school and basic Internet use Brand: Apple Product - Family: MacBook Pro
Processor Speed: 2.33GHz - Memory: 2GB
Screen Size: 15.4" Hard Drive Capacity: 120GB
Release Year: 2007 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.5
Model: A1211
Color: Silver
Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
Please let me know thank you

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Hmm, it is a little lacking in memory. What are you looking at spending on this?

Plenty of cheap laptops capable of browsing and running MS Office and media consumption in the $300-400 range. Won't have the quality of a Mac, but after 7 years I don't imagine it is in tip top shape.

If the battery is OK and you are OK with using the MAC, 150 is a good deal. Upgrade the RAM to 4 gig though.

I have a 2008 MAC (non-Pro) that I got just to play around with iOS and it runs pretty well once I upgraded the RAM, with 2 gig it was a bit sluggish feeling.

Biggest issue will likely be the battery, a real one is pricy, a cheap one won't last long, and for a 2007 model I doubt you will have an hour of life in the existing battery.

If you just want a computer, not necessarily a MAC, for 150-200 you can get a faster system, Lenovo T410 is a solid system with sturdy case and great keyboard and go for about $180-200, should have an Intel Core i5 CPU and 4 gig of RAM in most models.