Is this laptop worth keeping?

janesdf

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I'm relatively new to owning a laptop (always owned desktops) and when my first laptop stopped working about a week or so ago (beyond repair at this point), I purchased a refurbished Toshiba Tecra A9 Notebook Win 7 15.4" HD Laptop Core 2 Duo 3GB 500GB WiFi DVDRW that according to the ad, was refurbished to "excellent" working condition, has a 30-day return policy and a one year warranty with Win 7 PROFESSIONAL instead of Home Premium, which was on my previous laptop and desktop. Well, the refurbished laptop boots to the Windows Boot Manager instead of desktop EVERY time, the aero peek didn't work, but I found instructions online to fix that, and did, the touch pad will not zoom pages when I move my fingers to the corners or sides. Also, some links, not all, will not open unless I refresh the page. I have no idea what's causing that.

Because I have never used a business laptop, I was annoyed that there is no camera or keypad which I am used to. I've contacted the seller who offered a refund, but I want to let him know of any other problems since it supposedly was restored to "excellent" working condition. This is the only Toshiba product I have owned. Is this model worth keeping and the problems minor or should I return it? It was refurbished by a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher.