Is this normal?

slooderdodor

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
So forgive me if i am just an idiot and this is perfeclty normal, I rarely buy stuff online and am super paranoid about getting scammed.. last night I purchased this http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MCTAA.005 on the acer website. I got an email that says

Thank you for ordering from the Acer.

Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.

ORDER DETAILS
Order Number:
Order Date: February 27, 2014

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Acer Customer Service
www.findmyorder.com

I removed the order number obviously but the one they gave me, when I type it in on that website, it says the number does not exist. Now I know it has not been 48 hours, so maybe that is the reason why. But is it normal for them to not tell me when it is being shipped and stuff? My card has already been charged and everything, so.. I know I am probably being paranoid, i just want someone to confirm this is normal to put my mind at ease. Another reason I am somewhat paranoid is the email says it is from no-reply@acer.com via bluehornet.com, and I have no idea what bluehornet.com is.

Solution
Cyberpower sent the same message when I ordered a new laptop last month. I think they're just acknowledging the order and waiting for final approval from the CC company. Once your order has been approved by the CC company and the funds are credited to Acer, that number wll no longer be "pending" and your new PC will be making its way down the line and eventually to your home. Nothing to worry about, my friend, as Acer is a reputable company.

slooderdodor

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Okay cool, I figured I was just being an idiot, but god, 600 is quite a bit of money to me right now if I were to somehow get scammed on it or something, i do not know what I would do haha.

slooderdodor

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

See that is the thing, contacting them is not easy. They have made it very hard to get in contact with them unless you have a product under warranty, in which case you need some number. pretty stupid, it is like they really do not want to talk to people. Oh well.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

If you get scammed and you paid with a credit card the credit card company will reimburse you.
Paypal is another safe way to purchase online if you are worried.
Just be sure never to pay for anything online via Western Union or Money Gram ext.

slooderdodor

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Well, lets just hope the official acer website would not scam me, haha! I looked into that bluehornet.com, pretty sure it is just a company paid to set up automatic emails for other companies, so I think i am good there.. I am sure I am fine, I hope lol.

rpjkw11

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Cyberpower sent the same message when I ordered a new laptop last month. I think they're just acknowledging the order and waiting for final approval from the CC company. Once your order has been approved by the CC company and the funds are credited to Acer, that number wll no longer be "pending" and your new PC will be making its way down the line and eventually to your home. Nothing to worry about, my friend, as Acer is a reputable company.

Solution

slooderdodor

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Alright thank you. I knew deep down I was just being paranoid, but I just wanted to make sure. Anyways, really looking forward to this, for 600 dollars, this laptop has amazing specs! Before someone on here directed me to this laptop, I was looking at REFURBISHED laptops that were less powerful and MORE money!