Is this possible?

Dmiliate2

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I want to completely restart my laptop as if out of the box. I don't have anything that came with the box, like a recovery disk. I recently built a gaming pc and I have the windows 7 installation disk from that. Could I re-install windows 7, use the product key the laptop is already using? would I need to download drivers from their website? I was able to find the model and drivers for it. Would this work?

Solution
Shutdown the notebook. Start tapping away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager which you can then reset to factory settings....it may take a few tries and make sure the power plug is connected. i do it quite often for friends and no matter how many times i have done it there are still some laptops that wont do it right away and have to keep shutting down and restarting to do it. so just keep trying it hopefully you will get it on the first try

Bad_Kitty13

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
almost all factory laptops have a recovery partition on it to set it back to factory settings, if you list the make/model of laptop then i can find you the key combination to access it, alot better than having to go through and dl drivers

Bad_Kitty13

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Shutdown the notebook. Start tapping away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager which you can then reset to factory settings....it may take a few tries and make sure the power plug is connected. i do it quite often for friends and no matter how many times i have done it there are still some laptops that wont do it right away and have to keep shutting down and restarting to do it. so just keep trying it hopefully you will get it on the first try

Solution

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Click on Start and find HP folder. There is an app that you can use to burn the recovery DVDs (~4 DVDs). You can use them to recover to factory state. Remember: you will lose all your personal data. So backup prior recovery. (Recommended)

If you use your own Win7 DVD it needs to match version, 32 or 64 bit, that is on the laptop sticker. And you will need to download all the drivers from HP site for laptop model.

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
You will need to get the recovery disks from the manufacturer or a third party company. Realistically, I would suggest using a third party as they're usually less expensive and easier to deal with. We purchase the discs from Recovery-Disks.com for our customers when we need them. They do stock your particular computer and it can be found here

HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC Recovery Disk Set

That includes the two discs you need to install the operating system and the drivers and utilities. If you need help you can post here and we can help you with the installation, or you can call their support department.