Is this too hot?

spam242

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I have a sony vaio 13inch touchscreen laptop and i've recently been using it for gaming as im travelling and dont have anything better, but recently i downloaded kane and lynch as it was on offer on steam and noticed that my laptop was getting much hotter than usual. Is this too hot or will it be okay?
Temp_zpsxrel1oh1.jpg

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
Those max temps are pretty hot. It is likely that dust has built up on the heatsink and causing it to overheat.

If you can make out the fan intake and exhaust port, you can carefully blast compressed air into the heatsink to clean the dust out. Of course this should be done with the laptop off. If you can insert something in the gap between the blades of the fan (without actually pushing on the blades themselves) to keep the fan from spinning while you hit it with air, you can be a little more vigorous with the air. If not, then only hit it with short directed blasts of air so you don't get the fan spinning excessively fast. This is a word of caution as getting the fan to spin at super speed can cause damage to the fan bearing.

Keep hitting the heatsink with air until you are satisfied that there is little to no dust being ejected with subsequent blasts.