Solved! Is thunderbolt 3 port is recommended while buying new laptop? If so how far it's necessary pls confirm!!

Feb 9, 2020
Is thunderbolt 3 port is recommended while buying new laptop? If so, how far it's necessary pls confirm!! I m buying laptop for studying programming languages/ coding ....

Solution
For the laptop itself, and anything you want to do on it, no it isn't 'necessary'.

That said, if you want to do more with the laptop, then yes it would be wise.

The reason being is that you can connect more and do more faster through that connection to other devices than you can with other connection types. So say you wanted to connect more monitors, that would be a better port for it. For networking connections that is a better way to do so.

It is also a better connection for external storage devices, external graphics, even docking.

So it isn't so much that everyone should have it. I mean if you won't be using any of the things I mentioned, then you don't need it. If you will be using anything like those, or many other external...
For the laptop itself, and anything you want to do on it, no it isn't 'necessary'.

That said, if you want to do more with the laptop, then yes it would be wise.

The reason being is that you can connect more and do more faster through that connection to other devices than you can with other connection types. So say you wanted to connect more monitors, that would be a better port for it. For networking connections that is a better way to do so.

It is also a better connection for external storage devices, external graphics, even docking.

So it isn't so much that everyone should have it. I mean if you won't be using any of the things I mentioned, then you don't need it. If you will be using anything like those, or many other external things, then I would get it.

Reactions: Arul Dilip
Solution