Solved! Is touch screen and pen useful in Windows laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

modeonoff

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, is touch screen useful? How is pen function on Windows 10 laptop these days? I heard that it was not so good in the past. Not sure about now. Is if worth to get a laptop with touch screen and/or pen vs. FHD over portability and possibly better battery life?

Touchscreens and screens with active digitizers (for digital pens) consume a little more power than normal screens. They also weigh slightly more because of additional hardware required for those two technologies.

As for whether or not they are useful, that depends on you. If you want to draw / sketch or write free hand on the laptop, then a digital pen would be useful. If you want to be able to use the laptop without a pointing device or using the trackpad, then touch capabilities would be useful.

modeonoff

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017

I already have an iPad PRO for note taking an pdf annotations. Previously, I used several Samsung Galaxy Note phones and tablet. I found the pen useful. However, I don't want to carry two devices to make the total weight heavy. So if note taking and pdf annotations on Windows 2-1 device is as good as the iPad PRO, then I may get a 2-1 laptop like the X1 Yoga. Otherwise, I just get a X1C6 or X1 Extreme. So, how good is Windows 2-1 laptop for note taking and pdf annotations in comparison to the iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.