Solved! Is VPN leaking when torrenting?

MarcoLsx

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

I've recently subscribed on Express VPN when my IpVanish account expired.
If I run the torrent test provided by this site: https://ipleak.net/
the result (attached) shows the same port set in uTorrent>preferences>connections>Port used for incoming connections.

Is this a privacy issue? Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks
aPxx2QO.png
[/url][/img]

Solution
Using torrent is not illegal, its the content, so even if it's leaking, it should be Express VPN IP's that get logged. Now if this can be traced back to you, depends on what information Easy VPN store. A Good VPN, should store nothing, so cant' provide anyhting even under a court order. !

das_stig

Distinguished
Using torrent is not illegal, its the content, so even if it's leaking, it should be Express VPN IP's that get logged. Now if this can be traced back to you, depends on what information Easy VPN store. A Good VPN, should store nothing, so cant' provide anyhting even under a court order. !

Solution

MarcoLsx

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Thanks for your answer.

So you are saying that is irrelevant if the test show the port uTorrent is using, cause the IP belong to the vpn and knowing that Port alone is not enough to find me, right?

I switched from IpVanish to Express because I read somewhere that IpVanish gave FBI logs of someone I can't remember of, while recently turkish authorities seized an express vpn server and they were unable to find anything due to the no log policy of the company.
But I can't say what they really store or if these story are true.