Is win 10 good on alienware?

SkullProX

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
Hello!

I got an alienware 14, and i was wondering if its worth it to upgrade it to windows 10, from windows 8.1 or not? I heard that alienware is not doing well with windows 10, i dont know how much is true from that?
Also after upgrading can i put windows 8.1 back? Will i keep my files in the process of upgrading-uninstalling windows 10?
And last question, if i had 8.1 when buying the laptop, will the factory recovery put it back to 8.1 even after updating to 10?

Best regards.

Solution
Upgrading to WIn 10 will, if you click the right boxes, not lose anything. In all the machines I've upgraded, nothing was lost. Everything worked just as before, just with a different OS.

There is functionality to revert back to your original OS (Win 7 or 8.1) from within Win 10.
This only exists for 30 days after you do the upgrade.
Doing so you shouldn't lose anything, but stuff like this is never 100%.

After that, you'd have to do a full reinstall, or via whatever Factory Recovery function exists with your PC.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Upgrading to WIn 10 will, if you click the right boxes, not lose anything. In all the machines I've upgraded, nothing was lost. Everything worked just as before, just with a different OS.

There is functionality to revert back to your original OS (Win 7 or 8.1) from within Win 10.
This only exists for 30 days after you do the upgrade.
Doing so you shouldn't lose anything, but stuff like this is never 100%.

After that, you'd have to do a full reinstall, or via whatever Factory Recovery function exists with your PC.

Solution