Is WinPcap software installed with Freemake Video Downloader ( bundled software) a spyware?

smar1994

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
I installed Freemake Video Downloader and saw this also listed in Programs & Features. They was no way to opt out this software. This was not mentioned at the time of installation. ( I uploaded 3 files in WinPcap folder in C drive to Virustotal but there was no detection , also scanned with MBAM & Hitman Pro )

I know WinPcap can sniff packets , can detect websites we visit . But can it detect HTTPS traffic for example Google,YouTube,Gmail,Yahoo,Outlook,Reddit like sites which are HTTPS enabled ?

Can WinPcap steal passwords ? Is it a remote hacking tool ? Does it allow access to remote computers like TeamViewer ?

xC9Zt.png

Solution
In that folder screenshot shows, just click the uninstaller exe file. At least it put itself in Programmes and Features - the really nasty stuff bypasses that and goes into Users{yourname}AppData.

It won't do your system any harm but it does flag up the dangers of downloading so-called free utilities.
In that folder screenshot shows, just click the uninstaller exe file. At least it put itself in Programmes and Features - the really nasty stuff bypasses that and goes into Users{yourname}AppData.

It won't do your system any harm but it does flag up the dangers of downloading so-called free utilities.

Solution