Is WinThruster useful at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshoowah

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Wasn't sure what category this should go in, but I feel like I got close.

So recently my computer has been having issue after issue, when someone suggested I download WinThruster to scan for registry errors.

So I did and apparently in the system part alone I have over 200 errors, but since it wants me to pay to have those removed, I can't help but feel like its just telling me lies to get my money. Is WinThruster a trustworthy program and would paying to have those errors "fixed" really do anything?

Solution

Highly doubtful. In decades of PC use, maintenance, construction, and support...I've not seen one of these 'registry fixer' things that was worth the drive space they take up.
Especially not worth the $$$.

Not a one.

At best, they do nothing you can't do yourself. In the middle, they can and will hose your system completely. At worst, they are simply purveyors of malware and spyware.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Highly doubtful. In decades of PC use, maintenance, construction, and support...I've not seen one of these 'registry fixer' things that was worth the drive space they take up.
Especially not worth the $$$.

Not a one.

At best, they do nothing you can't do yourself. In the middle, they can and will hose your system completely. At worst, they are simply purveyors of malware and spyware.

Solution

Collin_6

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I had noticed something saying "Transcoded Wallpaper" appearing in Resource Monitor when a picture was loading in a desktop slide show, and I was curious what it was. I got a link to an article on Solvusoft titled "What is TranscodedWallpaper and How to Fix It? Virus or Safe?"

What the heck do they mean about "fixing" it? I'm a computer geek, and I was curious about how something works. Mr. Geater, either you know about it or you don't, but it's not a problem with my computer. I never said it was. I just looked something up in Google out of curiosity (which I have a perfect right to do, being in the USA), and I got your page, which is obviously a machine-generated boilerplate, suggesting I run WinThruster. Why? So it can screw up my computer and there will be one less honest geek on the web???

USAFRet

Illustrious

"Mr. Geater" ?
100% unsure of what you are trying to say in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.