Iso image from antivirus install cd to flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

deb_l

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a netbook without a cd drive. I am planning to purchase a 3 user antivirus program. I want to be able to install one of the licenses on my netbook, but realize that I need to somehow get the files from the install CD to a flash drive. I don't know how to do that. The Netbook is running windows 7. My desktop PC is running Vista.

deb_l

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

To clarify - the flash drive does not need to be bootable, I only need to be able to install the software from it to the netbook.

deb_l

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
So copy the files from the CD to the flash drive.

Thanks, Grumpy, but it is my understanding that you can't just copy from an installation CD, you don't get the proper folder/directory structure that way. I've tried that with other installation pacakages and they have not worked.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer though.

deb_l

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Thanks, Minute. I guess I should have thought of this. I think I will see if I can pose the question to Symantec and see if they will give me a definite reply before I buy the software.

I appreciate the information!

G

As long as you show hidden files/folders and use Ctrl A to select everything, it will work fine.

deb_l

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to answer! I did email Symantec and received a fairly quick reply which affirms that as long as you have a valid license key, you can download the same product from their website and use the license key on the CD to install it.

I suppose that with the popularity of smaller devices this has become a necessity for the software vendors.

Thanks again Grumpy and Minute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.