Issue when playin games on TV theough HDMI

chrispgregory

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys,

After I installed Win10 on my laptop I noticed something very unusual. Whenever I use the HDMI output to play a game I notice a huge FPS decrease, although playing with the same video configs and same resolution as when I play through the notebook screen. Tried to to anything I could: upgraded and downgraded video card drivers, checked many times whether my laptop was using High Performance settings.. Anyway, today I realized that when I put the "Duplicate screen" function I can play my games on the TV with normal FPS screen, but only when I select my laptop screen as the main screen, cause once I select the main one as the TV, the problem comes back. I suspect this may be related to the fact that my laptop has integrated video cards (Radeon 677m + Intel Graphics 3000), and I think when I use HDMI as the main output, it uses the Intel and not my Radeon.

Laptop config: Intel i7 @2Ghz + 8gb RAM + Radeon 677m 1gb and Intel Graphics 3000 running Win10 x64

So, what do you guys think? Ever seen something similar? Any shot to solve? I hope I can find a solution so I can play using higher resolutions, cause my laptop screen goes only until 1600x900.
Thank you!

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Windows 10 is starting to get known (in a bad way) for this. The suggestion I recommended for one user is changing the performance settings to "adjust for best performance" and that fixed it for him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chains65212 Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
TechnicDragon Laptop Tech Support 1
mk716 Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 3
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2