issues with input to tv

sundjosh

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
My toshiba laptop vga will not pick up on my 32 inch samsung flat screen. what do i need to do. because my tv never had this problem with all othe laptops i ve owned

Solution
Hello, Josh:

I shall assume:
- The Toshiba is refurbished/used and you acquired it very recently,
- Your previous laptops were broadly comparable to the Toshiba in terms of specs, and
- You're running Windows 7.

First, clean the Toshiba's ports very carefully to make sure there's no dust or crud in the connection heads. If possible, gain access to a computer monitor and see if the VGA port actually works - it might conceivably be plain broken.

If it works with a monitor, then it's most likely a software issue with Intel. Boot into the BIOS menu and select the Advanced tab. Locate and enable Intel Virtualization Technology. Try again.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.
Hello, Josh:

I shall assume:
- The Toshiba is refurbished/used and you acquired it very recently,
- Your previous laptops were broadly comparable to the Toshiba in terms of specs, and
- You're running Windows 7.

First, clean the Toshiba's ports very carefully to make sure there's no dust or crud in the connection heads. If possible, gain access to a computer monitor and see if the VGA port actually works - it might conceivably be plain broken.

If it works with a monitor, then it's most likely a software issue with Intel. Boot into the BIOS menu and select the Advanced tab. Locate and enable Intel Virtualization Technology. Try again.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution