Issues with Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD

kamdine

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Hello, I've been having a very strange and annoying problem as of late: my graphics card on my HP Pavilion laptop stopped working (the dreaded yellow triangle and Code 43), which means all videos are choppy and I can't use my HDMI port on my laptop anymore.
It also looks like the laptop is running on battery because the 'charged in' icon doesn't show up (but it is NOT running on battery, the power does go through).

For a while I had to remove the drivers from the device manager (I use Windows 7) and reinstall the BIOS, every time I booted up. It was annoying, but it did the trick.

For about a month now, nothing works. I've tried all the drivers from HP and from Intel, different BIOS versions, old drivers, new drivers. Nothing works...
Any suggestions?

System info: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Windows 7 64bits,
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU
BIOS HP F.23 (at the moment)
SMBIOS version: 2.6

I doubt you will fix this without replacing the motherboard, but re-install the system clean as above is a good place to start. If that does not work, replace the motherboard. Your issues piled up over another and show that the issue is with hardware since you have more than one thing wrong.