iSteve: The Book of Jobs Arriving in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Something tells me this will become something of a "Holy Bible" to mac owners. Or at least another internet meme.

Either way, it'll bring lulz.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
"Just as he did with Einstein and Benjamin Franklin, Walter Isaacson is telling a unique story of revolutionary genius."

I know the so-named Steve Job'sReality Distortion Field is in full force, but comparing Steve Jobs to Einstein or Franklin is beyond delusional and in the territory of madness.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Tamz_msc[/nom]Why am I not surprised by the title of the book?[/citation]
Instead I am very much surprised. That title seems written by one of Tom's readers on those picture caption competitions.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]He needs to bottle his feces and sell it as a fragrance.[/citation]

ahahahahahahahahahahahah

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
You look back at past generations that produced names such as Einstein, Bell, Planck, Bohr, Schrodinger. Then you look at ours: Michael Jackson, Steve Jobs, Barack Obama. That movie Idiocracy (at least the story, anyway) is starting to seem more and more true.

G

"This is the perfect match of subject and author, and it is certain to be a landmark book about one of the world's greatest innovators," What the hell did he innovate? He did not create anything, he is about as significant as the facebook guy.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
To all Steve bashers :-

Some of us here (including me) might not like Apple very much, but Steve Jobs himself is a figure to be inspired of. The man who (Almost) singlehandedly changed the fortunes of Apple when he came back in 1997. Under him, Apple has grown at mid-boggling rates. He seems to get things right when all the other tech companies are failing miserably at it. Apple introduces new stuff, which helps competitors to see what those products should be like, and we often get similar products at lower prices and without the other limitations the Apple ecosystem comes with. (I found Samsung Wave interface almost a ripoff of iPhone's, albeit with the liberal use of Comic Sans). I don't have to tell you what would be the state of cellphones had iPhone not been introduced, although I personally might not buy one.

It's time we 'Tech 1337' start realising there are a small number of us, profit is to be had from the masses who don't have to learn C++ before they can start using their phones.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Apple/Steve are the ones suing everybody with an i in front, copyrighting appstore, quarreling with grocery stores, "donating" i pads as the only time Apple/Steve is associated with donation, stealing the ios and the ipad name with the hypocrisy that is characteristic of them now, freeing users of choice whether to drain their battery faster or not by flash, freeing users of choice to see apps regarding human intercourse, freeing users from the trouble of changing the battery themselves, telling users they are holding it wrong, telling users other phones are flawed too, but our phone is not flawed still, telling users "they are calculating signal strength wrong", etc etc.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I'd happen to agree with vorador2, if one of my friends who owns apple products EVER comes up to me and compares jobs to Einstein and/or Franklin I'm going to flat out deck them in the face and hope I grant them the ability of some sense. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.