It wont reset

Sep 30, 2018
I got a nextbook flexx10 and i tried to factory reset it. I know the password and i tried doing it through settings and i am now getting the error of 'there was a problem resetting your pc' and when i boot it up now it goes to diagnosing and repairing and ultimately brings me to a recovery screen. Upon seeing this i go to troubleshoot and try to reset once more and thus begins an endless loop

Solution
Can you make a Windows Repair CD/DVD/Other removeable media like a USB stick? Then try system repair by booting straight to it. However, in the time you spent searching for a solution you could already have downloaded new Windows from Microsoft and installed it a bunch of times. You don't have to activate it if you're broke. So you won't have customization of your desktop, and some options will be greyed out. But it will still otherwise be a fully functional Windows. Like I said - sometimes hidden Recovery partition is corrupt and recovery won't be able to proceed.

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Does it give you the error code? Windows 10 usually does. If so what is it? Have you backed up your Windows on an external drive? If not, - do you have a copy of Windows on a disk/removable media?

Sep 30, 2018

It does not give an error code and no, i have no back up of anything. I just got the laptop last night from a 3rd party seller. I know it works because i saw it work. I know how to reset it so i figured id reset it at home opposed to waiting with a stranger

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014

The recovery partition on that drive may be corrupted. If so - the best solution I see is to get a Windows disk and reinstall the system, then go to the manufacturer's site and download the drivers if any are missing. However Windows 10 usually does a pretty good job with finding the drivers. I really don't see what else you could do in this situation. Best of luck.

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Can you make a Windows Repair CD/DVD/Other removeable media like a USB stick? Then try system repair by booting straight to it. However, in the time you spent searching for a solution you could already have downloaded new Windows from Microsoft and installed it a bunch of times. You don't have to activate it if you're broke. So you won't have customization of your desktop, and some options will be greyed out. But it will still otherwise be a fully functional Windows. Like I said - sometimes hidden Recovery partition is corrupt and recovery won't be able to proceed.

Solution

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
You Tube is not the best place for this IMHO. Ask Microsoft what it could be. AND... Have you tried all of this already? https://www.thewindowsclub.com/automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-pc and this? https://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/101940-windows-can-not-start-after-update-here-srttrail-txt.html ? Let us know if you have any luck.

Sometimes you got winrot and the best solution is simply reinstall the system. Once it reinstalls - examine your hard drive against manufacturer's standards by running Speedfan's S.M.A.R.T. tab scan. If the drive is OK - keep using it, if not, change the drive. You bought it used - anything is possible.

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014

Here http://www.alphr.com/operating-systems/1000350/how-get%20windows-10-and-burn-to-iso-disc Do the first step, and after you burned Windows to DVD, take it out of the computer you are using and insert it into the laptop you bought. Then go to BIOS (F2) and change boot preferences so your DVD is listed as first device. Hit F10 to save and Hit enter. Now your laptop will boot straight to DVD or prompt you to boot from DVD. Hit Enter. After that things are fairly simple and self-explanatory.