Question Iternal Microphone Not Working When I Plug In Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2021
I have a ASUS Tuf Gaming Laptop.

When trying to voice chat with other people it doesn't work if I use a normal headset with no mic. For some reason the internal mic stops working. But if I unplug my headphones the mic works. I've tried messing with settings but nothing seems to work.

I also have Realtek Audio Console and DTS Headphones programs already pre installed on this laptop.

Any ideas? I would like to use my normal headphones without having to buy a big headset with a mic already on them.

Feb 16, 2021
Okay. After having this problem for a long time myself, this is what worked for me. I haven't seen this anywhere else online, so I'll put this out here and maybe it helps someone else.

After taking care of the basics - reinstalling drivers and the like, I finally discovered the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
(my) Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\HDADrv\WIN64
Open RAVBpl64 or RAVCpl64 (run with administrator obviously).

Click the "input jack" (black hole) underneath Analog within the "Speakers" tab, and select headphones.

I have no idea why my headphones were assumed to be a headset, but this instantly fixed the problem for me. I can now use the internal mic with the headphones plugged in because it doesn't try to use some imaginary mic on my cans.

Reactions: Blueforce!
Status
Not open for further replies.