It's Called XKeyScore…and It Can See Everything You Do Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Have you guys read it? Its quite obvious that they have no idea what they are talking about. Some of the things they say in there are outright ridiculous and just wouldn't work.

I mean they actually think MAC ADDRESSES (P.23) are even remotely useful for tracking someones location

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Not too surprising. They have all the pieces they need to spy on any citizen vaguely walled off in separate programs to give an illusion of legality. When combined together the abuses can be exponential in nature.

Let's see what is Warren Buffett trading this week?
Which company is Bill Gates going to invest in next?
Who is Representative ABC sexting at 1am that can be "convinced" to swing a vote.

How many thousands of people have access to this system with a mere handful of people for oversight?

And yes our tax dollars paid for that while the Health Care system is in shambles.

DREGstudios

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
The dystopian fantasies of yesteryear are now a reality. We’ve allowed the coming of an age where the civil liberties our forefathers fought so hard for are being eroded by the day. Freedom of Press, Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly are mere ghostly images of their original intent. We’ve woken up to an Orwellian Society of Fear where anyone is at the mercy of being labeled a terrorist for standing up for rights we took for granted just over a decade ago. Read about how we’re waging war against ourselves at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/09/living-in-society-of-fear-ten-years.html

buzzrattie

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Its all a bunch of 'phony scandals', at least that is what I have heard. Really Mr. President
are we all just a bunch of sheeple?

bmerigan

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
It's interesting how opinions (in America) differ depending on whether it's American liberties being taken away or foreigner liberties being taken away.
Why should it be ok to eavesdrop on a Canadian but not an American?

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
What I find amazing is that with tools like this AND several years of advanced warning from Russia, that those Boston guys were still able to pull off that horrendous act.

Not only is it a violation of the 4th amendment rights, the NSA has actually crippled themselves from their intended goal with TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Which just means the goal has nothing to do with combating "terrorism" to begin with.

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I'm a little curious why I am supposed to believe anything this attention whore is "leaking". I could throw together a powerpoint that looks like a high school student put it together with semi believable technical information and slap top secret on it too. He was a short term contractor if my memory serves me right, why was he privy to all these presentations and top secret programs? Something is off here.

majudhu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I don't mind anyone looking at my online communication, I only share completely public information that I want everyone to look at. The idea of the internet is to share information publicly, instantly and cheaply. If I want to talk privately or secretly I would avoid using any online service. (Where I live you cant do anything serious online). I taught my two friends GnuPG. They say it provides face to face level privacy. It would be great if OpenPGP becomes mainstream. At least major online services should send mail using OpenPGP

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Fuck NSA. Bunch of fascists that try to remove your freedoms through scare tactics.
This division spits on the Constitution and any rights provided by it... you know the document that this country is built on.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
>>bmerigan
>>It's interesting how opinions (in America) differ depending on whether it's American >>liberties being taken away or foreigner liberties being taken away.
>>Why should it be ok to eavesdrop on a Canadian but not an American?

Oh come on now... it isn't about who is being spied on, it is about who is being spied on AND who is doing the spying.

A nation spying on its OWN citizens will always be a bigger deal than a nation spying on others. You think people in Israel would be more upset about Israel spying on Pakistanis or Israelis?

Status
Not open for further replies.