It's time to buy MacBook Pro 15inch (mid 2014), but wait!

Ankit Bharad

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
I really want to buy MacBook Pro 15inch with 2.5ghz intel core i7 processor, but I have heard that in upcoming months new intel processor is coming. So my Question is that should I wait for new macbook pro or just buy this model (mid 2014)? or just pass away 1.5 years and purchase top end Macbook pro with skylake? Please suggest me, I am really confused! and what about Gaming? Does MacBook pro with iris pro graphics and nvidia geforce 2gb graphics card can handle all of the top end game? Please help me out! Here's the link :- http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXC2LL/A&step=config# This is the Model I am going to buy (standard configuration, no extra added features) a 2499$ MacBook Pro! (sorry for my bad english). Thanks!

Solution
If you're looking to play the latest games, just skip the MacBook. They're mostly developed with Windows in mind, and very few offer Mac support. Even if you did manage to get them running on a Mac, it would not be optimized, and you'd get terrible performance regardless of your hardware specs.
If you're looking to play the latest games, just skip the MacBook. They're mostly developed with Windows in mind, and very few offer Mac support. Even if you did manage to get them running on a Mac, it would not be optimized, and you'd get terrible performance regardless of your hardware specs.

Solution

Josh F

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

Skylake is planned to be a pretty decent upgrade when compared to the Haswell processors Apple is currently using. You could expect a significant performance upgrade and probably some improvements with battery life as well. That said, the current MacBook Pro is still exceptionally fast. The graphics card is not the best for gaming, that's not really what it was designed for. It will run most games fine, but will struggle with some of the newer ones. Some games won't run on OS X, but you could always install windows if you need it.

I think that if you need a new laptop, you should just buy one now--the current stuff is good. If you don't need it right now, Skylake is supposed to come out this fall and will obviously be faster.

yaoshuyun

Estimable
Jan 4, 2015
it would not be optimized, and you'd get terrible performance regardless of your hardware specs.
tu8UA1