iTunes 9 Released, Brings Many New Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

4 or more apple articles in one day? Is someone getting paid? The iPod etc articles could all be in ONE post!!!

G

Is someone getting paid by apple?

4/5 apple articles in one day? You could have posted the realted iTunes and iPods etc articles in ONE post

G

Shame that the iPhone/iTunes *still* does not respect exif orientation tags. Steve Jobs just does not get photos.

skittle

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
itunes is the crappiest piece of proprietary software i have ever used. most people probably still dont know that you can manage your ipod with alternative (better) software!

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
^

songbird and rythmbox don't even come close to iTunes. The other's may be good but those two definitely aren't, I've used them extensively for beta testing in songbirds case, and I'm using Rythmbox atm for all of my music since I'm using Ubuntu until i get Win7 (and money :D)

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]skittle[/nom]itunes is the crappiest piece of proprietary software i have ever used. most people probably still dont know that you can manage your ipod with alternative (better) software![/citation]

Couldn't agree more!

I like winamp. You can sync an ipod with it, plus it comes with Milkdrop 2 the best visualization program ever.

skittle

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
[citation][nom]San Pedro[/nom]Couldn't agree more! I like winamp. You can sync an ipod with it, plus it comes with Milkdrop 2 the best visualization program ever.[/citation]

While I agree songbird wasnt all that great during alpha and beta stages, its made large leaps in terms of usability and performance since. (try and get anything other than mp3 or aac working itunes ;) )

The whole point even if apple wants to try and lock in its consumers, you will always have a choice.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
"""
"iTunes 9 is a great iTunes release, with innovative features that make using iTunes better than ever and iTunes content richer than ever," said Steve Jobs.
"""

You morons! Steve SAID SO! And we all know he is always right...
it does not matter that your music from ipod can disappear, that itunes is a resource hog, that its "synchronisation" is rather gay, that it's not multithreaded, that it installs 2 or 3 useless services on the PC, that it bans Palm Pre, and that you actually NEED it (coz Steve said so) to use the bloody ipod... thanks god other people found itunes as annoying as I did when I got my first ipod as a gift so they wrote USEFUL applications to support apple's player... Then again - I've stopped using ipod long time ago so all these apple news - are just for you guys... enjoy useless news about useless products from useless company that want to screw you :)

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I always try the new iTunes versions... but they always come off as clunky and poorly integrated, on Windows machines at least. It does annoying things like freeze the desktop momentarily when you drag and drop large blocks of files, and the way file selection works is non-standard (maybe the way Mac's select files). I organize my music library by subdirectory in addition to tag and there's no provision for folder based sorting (basic features missing).

G

iTunes 9 automatically organizes its library that way (by folders). Go check it out.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I don't really don't see big differences in the new itunes version,
but the home sharing really is good, since i've been too lazy to figure out another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.