itunes to SG3 app/tool

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Trying to "sync" my iTunes music (library (28.5GB) & playlists) to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S 3) external SD card (64GB).

Tried Samsung Kies: requires me to upgrade to Kies 3, which doesn't allow my to copy iTunes playlists (as Kies 2.6 did), nor create playlists in the Music Library.

Tried DoubleTwist: creates the playlist, but doesn't put any music in them.

Tried NotPod (formerly iTunes Agent): won't let my select the Music folder on my phone to copy to.

I'm trying to avoid having to take out the external SD card to copy music to everytime, as copying to the card is VERY slow when left in the phone (thus I dismount the SD card, and so on).

Want to keep it as simple as possible, once set up. But I want all my Music, and the Playlist! AND be able to sync them, when anything changes!

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Well, after "toying" with doubleTwist, I found it DOES work. I just had to "sync" it up several times, until all my playlist were added, and the songs went into the playlists.

Liked it enough to pay for the upgrade to doubleTwist Pro, which included an equalizer, AirSync (sync iTunes to phone wirelessly), and some others.

I'll keep this thread open, for others.

Thanks for all your help! :p

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
After almost a couple of months, I've found some problems with DoubleTwist.

The most annoying one is when "syncing" music, if you don't choose the right option (Phone to iTunes), I get copies of the same song on my phone. Or I get copies of the same song in iTunes. I think it has to do with play count, which I don't even care about!

Too much of a hassle! I just copied my playlist to a folder in windows, then copied them to my phones (external) SD Card.

Not a simple as I originally wanted!