I've got this Sony handycam dcr sr68 but I don't know how to connect it to my Acer laptop

Solution
Just in case you don't have it - User Manual
Are the videos/pictures stored on the internal memory of the camcorder or an SD card?
If an SD card, have you tried plugging the card into a card reader and retrieving?
If on the internal storage, does the drive show up in Windows Explorer or Disk Management?

Option 1:
Copy the files to an SD card and then use a card reader. (Page 41 of the User Manual)

Option 2:
Copy video/images to an external drive and then connect that drive to your computer (Page 45 of the User Manual)

Are you presented with the option shown on page 50 when you connect the camcorder to the computer?
Just in case you don't have it - User Manual
Are the videos/pictures stored on the internal memory of the camcorder or an SD card?
If an SD card, have you tried plugging the card into a card reader and retrieving?
If on the internal storage, does the drive show up in Windows Explorer or Disk Management?

Option 1:
Copy the files to an SD card and then use a card reader. (Page 41 of the User Manual)

Option 2:
Copy video/images to an external drive and then connect that drive to your computer (Page 45 of the User Manual)

Are you presented with the option shown on page 50 when you connect the camcorder to the computer?

Solution