iWatch Marks Real Start of Tim Cook Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Whether it's iOS or Android - I realize it might be a mock-up, but I do like the idea of a smart band as they picture above. I also don't think they need to be a full color display. Make it simple and vivid. Something akin to a kindle paperwhite. I wouldn't want to be charging my watch every day. Also, please make it waterproof and I'm sold.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Apple waited.... Samsung released their watch...it flopped... now the iWatch will come and sell billions. iCloud security? These stupid celebrities were phished.

Samsung will not be far off selling 10 million smart watches in the first year, if you can trust sales numbers shown by Canalsys. This with a completely niche product written off by all tech writers. As a comparison, the first iPhone sold little over 6 millions in its first 15 months.

Funny how choice of words can vary so greatly for two different brands. RDF is unfortunately almost a chronic disease in tech media.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
There are quite a few Android Wear models available out there; this is kinda late to the table, but it will have it's clients among iOS slaves.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
If you really want to see how seriously Apple takes the iWatch (or wearables) check out this list of recent hires. It' mind boggling the amount of talent they scooped up.

http://fortune.com/2014/09/06/look-whos-now-working-for-apple-inc/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS