James Cameron’s Avatar 2 comments just showed he’s wildly out of touch

bilavideobill

Estimable
Dec 27, 2017
You are one whiny bitch. How many billion-dollar films have you made? You can't watch a three-hour movie? Don't go. Stay home and binge Stranger Things so you can stay close to the bathroom. If James Cameron has spent his career making movies near, or over, three hours - and he's enjoyed this much success - what does that do to your prediction that this film will tank?

Your next complaint is that Cameron waited too long to make a sequel. Tell that to the producers of Top Gun. How much has that film made so far? $1.1 billion worldwide? I guess there's no statute of limitations on making sequels or reboots.

What was your next complaint? That he's releasing it in 3D? Yeah, I don't like 3D either, neither does Christopher Nolan, who likes to release in IMAX. Them's the breaks. I don't like paying more money for a 3D movie I could have watched in 2D. I don't like half the resolution after splitting images for left and right eyes. I get it. But Cameron, like Zemeckis, is a technologist. His zest for the latest tech is a huge part of his inspiration.

You said it was near impossible to see the original Avatar in 2D. What part of North Dakota were you watching it in? I live in a spot in Florida with only two movie theaters and both had Avatar in both 3D and 2D. I ended up seeing it in both formats and 3D was way better, from the very first scene. I found it far more immersive - and Cameron's use of it was clever - a huge leap ahead of that Sesame Street character yelling, "NEAR . . . FAR . . . NEAR . . . FAR!!!"

Maybe you should stick to reviewing movies AFTER they come out. You might just find your reviews more informative and less an exploration of your bias going in.

Jul 10, 2022
James Cameron is already defending Avatar 2's length and against 'trolls' who don't remember any of the characters' names.

James Cameron’s Avatar 2 comments just showed he’s wildly out of touch : Read more
This is one of the dumbest, most whiney and pathetic articles I've read and I don't even like Avatar or care much for Jamss Cameron, and for this reason my comment is highly unlikely to be biased, or driven by emotions of love for the movie or the director. Stop whining and write something real. You're a good writer, but your content is pathetic. Take it.