Japan to Get White PlayStation 3 and Larger HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]jmack5864[/nom]I'm hoping we see a silver one before too long....[/citation]
They already have silver ones, my friend brought one back with him.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I got the 60GB version with PS2 hardware and PS1 emulation, I think to this day that I bought the best version of PS3 to date.

as far as Hard Drive space I still have tons of free space because I don't download too much on it.

I have consider to upgrade the Hard Drive but to me it's just not that important.

I do have a question: If I do upgrade the hard drive, is there any improvement
on loading time?

Do games load faster with a newer drive? and which one should I get SATA/SATA 2?

thanks

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Looks sleek but I still like the black one better. Instead of all these hard drive upgrades, they should bring ps2 capabilities back. Losers are still buying PS2s but that doesnt mean the rest have to suffer. Give me the ability to play resident evil 4 and metal gear solid 3 on the ps3 and ill buy one.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]jmack5864[/nom]I'm hoping we see a silver one before too long....[/citation]
I want a pink on with lime green polka dots and a My Little Pony badge.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I got the 60GB version with PS2 hardware and PS1 emulation, I think to this day that I bought the best version of PS3 to date.as far as Hard Drive space I still have tons of free space because I don't download too much on it.I have consider to upgrade the Hard Drive but to me it's just not that important.I do have a question: If I do upgrade the hard drive, is there any improvementon loading time?Do games load faster with a newer drive? and which one should I get SATA/SATA 2?thanks[/citation]

If you bought it when it came out, that was $600. Now, buy a ps2 at $100, and a ps1 at a garage sale for $20, and you spent $180 extra LOL. Sony stopped PS2 support on that machine since they didn't think supporting a 10 year old console was really a bullet point anymore. If you already have PS2 games, you probably already have a ps2 anyways, so why is this issue always harped on?

And unless you get an SSD, any drive you pick will have minimal load time differences

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I was hoping your sentence "Like the original Playstation 3...", would end in will have backwards compatibility...

Stop referring to the original PS3, you are just bringing my hopes up.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
not that i have any intrest to do it, but seems like you could easily do any color or pattern you want on a console. they already make the stick on graphic kits for them. i had one on my origional xbox that had a neat blue flame look when i was in highschool.

now that i'm older and have more working knowlage plus tools i couldn't see it being hard to open one up add windows and paint to make a fully custom look maybe even add better ventelation to help longevity of the system...

but there i go trying to turn a console into a pc again... alternativly just take off the case and buy a 89 cent can of plastic/metal spray paint in your color of chouice

Status
Not open for further replies.