Japanese Business Suit Repels Swine Flu, Germs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
cool but can it run crysis...

anyway got that out of the way. The price is actually pretty good.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Probably worth it if you've ever had a suit ruined by cigarette or cigar smoke. I spend $200-$300 on my business suits (complete not just a jacket). I can see this being a big thing for suit renters too.

stormvice

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Ehsan W[/nom]let's make food out of Titanium Dioxide[/citation]
Actually some candies like M&M´s use Titanium dioxide as a seal for the coloring process.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]"Titanium dioxide is considered safe as it's commonly found in toothpaste and cosmetics."Why not make soap with that, then?[/citation]
They do.

G

Wow! How many washings can it last? ....two? Three? ...One?

No thank you. I prefer a titanium dioxide spray to make all of my clothes (including underwear) ...swine-flu proof.

A flu in the gonads is where most of the protection is needed.

G

I've worked in a plastic company... Titanium Dioxide is considered "Potentially Cancerous" in powder form! We had to wear dust masks working with this material, and even then, they had to remove this material from the ingredient list of plastic in 2008!

Don't believe Asian safety rules! The European ISO2008 norm gets only stricter and stricter...
There's a bit of common sense a person has, to know that ANY contact with ANY chemical, is ALWAYS disadvantageous!
A human body is created to interact with bio materials, not chemicals.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]A human body is created to interact with bio materials, not chemicals.[/citation]

So the human body is not suppose to interact with chemicals like water? Oh ok. I'll just remove most of the body weight then.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]stormvice[/nom]Actually some candies like M&M´s use Titanium dioxide as a seal for the coloring process.[/citation]
And Dill Pickle Dip.
Also many cream makeups.

And the best fucking type of thermite there is!
Iron oxide + aluminium = awesome.
Tatianium dioxide + aluiminium = !!1337!!.
Puts plain thermite to shame.

=D

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I could actually use that tech. The Micro part of my name not only refers to my stature (short) but also my profession (microbiologist). It would be comforting if our lab coats and even our regular clothes (cause the lab is way too hot for lab coats) had Ti02.

G

[citation][nom]stormvice[/nom]Actually some candies like M&M´s use Titanium dioxide as a seal for the coloring process.[/citation]
Yup - once saw some 'low-cal' blue cheese salad dressing that listed the ingedients as oil,water,emulsifier TiO2 and flavouring - basically cheese flavoured emulsiuon paint :)
This actually a old tech with a new twist, TiO2-coated self-cleaning windows have been around for quite a long time. The down side of this is that the cleaning / germ killing properties of TiO2 require activation by UV light - so the suit will only work outdoors in the sunshine, not in crowded germ ridden offices and tube trains

Status
Not open for further replies.