Japanese Probe Crashes Into Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i just got this strange feeling something bad is about to happen... like when you see an asian behind the wheel of a moving vehicle...

ah... i kid... the more ppl we get up there in space the better it will be for all of us. gotta find oil or fuel somewhere...

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
It is pretty normal to smash a probe into whatever it is supposed to watch when it is done its job, less orbital crap that way.

I have to wonder what connotation people pick up by 'controlled crash' always being in quotations... Though I suppose 'intentional crash' would be more accurate, it is not like they could abort the crash at the last minute.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
And Hanin find oil in space? LOL. By the time humans get to that point fossil fuels would be as ancient as using whale oil is today.

If anything we will get that hydrogen isotope from the moon for fusion reactors.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]i just got this strange feeling something bad is about to happen... like when you see an asian behind the wheel of a moving vehicle...ah... i kid... the more ppl we get up there in space the better it will be for all of us. gotta find oil or fuel somewhere...[/citation]
bigot

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Well this isn't going to help dispell the myth about their driving skills......[/citation]
Hanin33: sorry. I quoted the wrong comment.

I meant: tenor77: bigot

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]article[/nom]...said JAXA spokesman Shinichi Sobue said...[/citation]say what?

it's funny you commented about the oil in space kami3k - my first thought was oil on the moon? lol - though I re-read his comment and I figured he could have meant like finding another planet with life on it so I let it slide. definitely right on that not being soon though.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
"The crash [...] happened on the unlit, dark side of the Moon" (from the linked website)
What kind of an idiot thinks there is an "unlit, dark side of the moon".

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Hanin33: sorry. I quoted the wrong comment.I meant: tenor77: bigot[/citation]

lamorpa: Idiot

I said myth. Learn to read.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]There is a term for people who make xenophobic comments: bigots. Since when is it considered funny?[/citation]

Lighten up, not like he is burning a cross in Asian peoples' yards or something. Maybe Asian people have never had anyone tell them that they can't drive. Maybe some Asians will read this thread and the world will be safer place for all drivers.

FUtomNOreg

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]cracklint[/nom]Lighten up, not like he is burning a cross in Asian peoples' yards or something. Maybe Asian people have never had anyone tell them that they can't drive. Maybe some Asians will read this thread and the world will be safer place for all drivers.[/citation]
It is not for you to decide what others find offensive. Perhaps non-Asians will read this thread and the world will be a more tolerant and respectful place for all readers. See, that didn't feel too good, did it?

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Why do they keep "crashing" stuff so close to earth, why not leave it on a trajectory towards the sun or something so it doesn't litter up our back yard.

Unless it doesn't have enough power to escape earths gravitational pull and enter the suns, but I don't know how much power that take.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I find young female blonde caucasions the worst drivers.
Or anyone on a cell phone...

It does make sense, but I agree that it should be thrown into the sun or something. Galactic littering...

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I find young female blonde caucasions the worst drivers.[/citation]

Second That, specially the ones in big pickup trucks, or my favorite, the ones doing their makeup while texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.