Review JBL Quantum 800 review

Jul 18, 2020
while playing (2.4gh wireless) is it possible to answer a phone call (bluetooth) and continue with the game sound at the same time? or the game sound is paused when the bluetooth connection is answered?

Sep 24, 2020
while playing (2.4gh wireless) is it possible to answer a phone call (bluetooth) and continue with the game sound at the same time? or the game sound is paused when the bluetooth connection is answered?
Yes! Spotify continues to play just fine on my computer, with Bluetooth connected to my phone.
The mic seems to output to both computer and phone at the same time.

One of the things I'm worried by is the headset not being able to both charge and connect wirelessly at the same time. You can't play through USB either. You'll have to plug in both USB and an audio jack at the same time if you want to continue listening while charging.
It has an advertised battery life of ~14 hours with the lighting off and a 2 hour charge time. I assume having Bluetooth and 2.4GHz connected at the same time won't do the battery any favours either, not to mention noise cancelling. You can't easily turn off Bluetooth after using it on top of that. The quickest way I've found (other than turning the entire headset off and on) is by having the bluetooth go into pairing by holding the button, then pressing the button again and it'll turn off. You can't simply press it to turn it off.

JBL in their FAQ on wireless connection while charging said:
JBL is committed to providing the most optimal consumer experience through superior immersive audio. Our Quantum 800 / 600 headsets are designed to be connected via 2.4Ghz, BT (800 only), or 3.5mm jack. USB-C port is only designed for charging the internal 14hr battery and does not provide an audio connection. However, you can use the 3.5mm audio connection while charging. This is an intentional design decision. We value your feedback and have communicated it directly to our product designers for future consideration.

Last edited: