JK Rowling Announces Harry Potter Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

darasen

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2005
[citation][nom]sudz[/nom]anyone else feel that this has no business being on a website called "tomshardware"[/citation]

It isn't. This site is Tom's Guide. There was a link to here from Tom's Hardware.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
MILF... and not just because she's rich heh... ok maybe because of that.

I tried to hit the site yesterday when i first found out about it... and it must have been getting slammed, because it would load, but I was unable to sign-up or anything.

So, let's derail this thread since it's not really on topic anyways? Would you hit it? :D

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Dammit, I though it was going to be something like "Harry Potter goes to Aperture Science Labs" and gets a portal gun in a 3 coop blast adventure, lol.

Cheers!

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Mastervivi10[/nom]she just want's more $$.[/citation]

She is offering free content to the fans, the only way she is gonna make money is with advertisement and selling books, which she has been doing for the past decade.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
She wants to give back huh? So that means she won't be putting ads, or be selling things on her site right? Uh huh... watch out guys, she might try to sue any of you for your comments.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
You guys are unbelievable. Why on earth would there be a cross-over between harry potter & portal..?? Both are independent & successful in their own right and have nothing in common (maybe except for the fact that you can disppear from one place & appear in another).
Whoever says that this news is completely irrelevant here is a dick. JK's talking about digitising the world of harry potter & last i heard, the world "digital" wasn't completely out of place around here.
She is offering free content to the fans, the only way she is gonna make money is with advertisement and selling books, which she has been doing for the past decade.

[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom][/citation]
ok i give you that one

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
She obviously needs to make even more money; the multi-millions that her books, films and merchandising etc has earned her is patently not enough to support her until her dying day.

wolfej26

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
[citation][nom]erinc[/nom]She obviously needs to make even more money; the multi-millions that her books, films and merchandising etc has earned her is patently not enough to support her until her dying day.[/citation]

"Forbes estimated Rowling's net worth to be US$1 billion"

G

Go on the website if you want. Don't go on the website if you don't want. btw I really want to try out the wand game. 33k combination? lawls.

Status
Not open for further replies.