Johnny Cash Helps iTunes Hit 10 Billion Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
imagine if that 10 billionth song was something more embarrassing. everyone would know you downloaded Barbie Girl or Baby One More Time

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]The really sad part about this is that the only half decent artist that was present at the top20, was coldplay.[/citation]
This list shows that the majority of people who download from iTunes are pre-pubescent kids.

enderwiggen

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
10 billionth download was a song by an incredible artist like Johnny Cash and not Hannah Montana or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Kudos iTunes users.
Then the top all-time 20 songs are listed. [insert insult] iTunes users

redplanet_returns

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]The really sad part about this is that the only half decent artist that was present at the top20, was coldplay.[/citation]

really? i thought the really sad part was:

Louie Sulcer of Woodstock, Ga....was given an iTunes gift certificate worth $10,000.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Well, I think these bands are "popular" artists for a reason. Also, don't forget that people who owns classic album like CCR and The Beatles don't need to buy them again on iTunes, they can just rip them themselves. That's why we only see recent artists in there. At least, that's what I tell myself in order to keep faith in the human race.

oncall

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
"This list shows that the majority of people who download from iTunes are pre-pubescent kids."

Well of course. This is absolutely no surprise. Digital hasn't ruled the roost for that long, iTunes song sales really didn't start taking off until what, 2004? The majority of us oldsters (anyone over 20) already owned music collections on CD and just imported them to iTunes.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Well, I think these bands are "popular" artists for a reason. Also, don't forget that people who owns classic album like CCR and The Beatles don't need to buy them again on iTunes, they can just rip them themselves. That's why we only see recent artists in there. At least, that's what I tell myself in order to keep faith in the human race.[/citation]

Keeping faith in the human race is pointless when you look at that top 10 list.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Jane[/nom]Though I don't use iTunes all that often, I think it's amazing that in this day and age, the 10 billionth download was a song by an incredible artist like Johnny Cash and not Hannah Montana or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Kudos iTunes users.[/citation]
You just gained yourself a fan.

I was pissed at work today, and I found the only thing that soothed me was some good ole Cash.
One of the greatest musicians to walk this planet.

If I had things my way, the list would go more like:
Johnny Cash (He's the king, screw Elvis)
Jimi Hendrix (So smoothe, so fine)
Janis Joplin (Ugly as hell, but damn she's good)
Tenacious D (Two men who have a true love of music with a great sense of humour)
Daft Punk (They ARE techno)
Guns'n'Roses (Best when Axel and Slash are both present)
etc.

Not dumb crap like Kenya, Swift etc.

Buy real music people!

Status
Not open for further replies.