Jon Stewart Goes Insane Over the Verizon iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Man, if he was that excited about a verizon iphone i cant wait for his reaction when he ditches the iphone for an Android phone.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
My question is why did people run out and buy the iPhone 4 if they knew it would have reception problems in the first place.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]My question is why did people run out and buy the iPhone 4 if they knew it would have reception problems in the first place.[/citation]

Sheeple. (People are like sheep, they follow each other, if one person has something others want it)

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]Sacrificing worldwide roaming capabilities. How will the Americans cope without this?[/citation]
Here's the deal, as a former Verizon customer, I know for a fact Verizon offers world capabilities, I had the Touch Pro2 which had both a GSM, and CDMA radio. What I don't get is that since the iPhone is already manufactured with a GSM radio, and the VZW version calls for a CDMA radio, shouldn't the iPhone simply come with both?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]Here's the deal, as a former Verizon customer, I know for a fact Verizon offers world capabilities, I had the Touch Pro2 which had both a GSM, and CDMA radio. What I don't get is that since the iPhone is already manufactured with a GSM radio, and the VZW version calls for a CDMA radio, shouldn't the iPhone simply come with both?[/citation]

If it only were about "should" instead of "would"... The Verizon iPhone will be CDMA and Verizon 3g ONLY. Can you travel the world with it? Of course. Very few places don't have some level of CDMA coverage (60 countries have it, like 99% of the world's connected population.) Why burden so many iPhone buyers with a feature (a gsm radio and sim card) that less than 1% will ever take advantage of?

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]Sacrificing worldwide roaming capabilities. How will the Americans cope without this?[/citation]

LOL, even though I'm an American (from California though), I thought this was so spot-on! :D Sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow Americans:

[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]Here's the deal, as a former Verizon customer, I know for a fact Verizon offers world capabilities, I had the Touch Pro2 which had both a GSM, and CDMA radio. What I don't get is that since the iPhone is already manufactured with a GSM radio, and the VZW version calls for a CDMA radio, shouldn't the iPhone simply come with both?[/citation]

You either didn't get the obvious clever cynicism / sarcasm, or you decided to be irrelevant. Either way, you completely missed the point.

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
@Sheeple. (People are like sheep, they follow each other, if one person has something others want it)

Is this site full of anti-Apple dumb idiots? BTW, which doesn't doesn't have any problem? I can list out at least one problem from Nokia, Sony Ericsson and so on. So, stop cribbing about Apple. If you don't like about it then shut up!

G

Sacrificing worldwide roaming capabilities. How will the Americans cope without this?

By not roaming the world. It is pretty easy when you have 2 giant oceans on each side.

FLanighan

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]Liberals LOVE Apple products, shows how dumb they really are. Android FTW[/citation]

I have an iPhone 4, but I'm no Apple fanboy.Over the past few years I've built over 10 gaming rigs for myself and people I know (latest one had an i7 950 with SLI GTX 570's). I'm also no liberal, I own an AR15 rifle (semi automatic M16. REAL not airsoft) and dislike Democrats as much I do Republicans.

And I'm 16 (I got all of these things by working my ASS off during previous summers doing jobs for people).

Status
Not open for further replies.