Judge Bans Twittering in Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There are so many ways a judge could kick someone out of court for twittering.. The thing that is amazing to me is that this judge bothered to author a 4 page opinion.

mitchmeister03

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Honestly, I can't believe that this actually needed to be addressed. What person in a court proceeding actually thought it would be ok to "tweet" what was going on during a trial... I mean... really?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mitchmeister03[/nom]Honestly, I can't believe that this actually needed to be addressed. What person in a court proceeding actually thought it would be ok to "tweet" what was going on during a trial... I mean... really?[/citation]
Kinda sad.

Though honestly, if, say, I was forced on a Jury or had to watch a proceeding, I'll be browsing it up if I thought I could get away with it if I got bored enough.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Kinda sad.Though honestly, if, say, I was forced on a Jury or had to watch a proceeding, I'll be browsing it up if I thought I could get away with it if I got bored enough.[/citation]
If the judge even find out your cellphone is on while on jury duty, you can be charged with contempt of court. I last served on jury duty a few years ago and the youngest person on our jury was an 18year old kid. He fell asleep. Was warned that it was his civic duty to stay awake to ensure the defendant got a fair trial. 40m later he was snoring in court again. Spent the night in jail for contempt of court. Most judges dont mess around like that.

G

The courts in my area don't even allow you to bring electronic devices into the courtroom. That pretty much takes care of the problem :p

Status
Not open for further replies.