Just Bought Razer Kraken Pro Neon, My laptop has on headphone jack and the mic doesnt work

MaddManMike

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
I just recently got a pair of Razer Kraken Pro Neon headset, very good quaility, but my lap top has one jack, when i put the wire in that is connected to the headset without the splitter, it doesnt detect the mic. I used the splitter and put in the pink one, didnt work, then put in the other one, still didnt work, i tryed to look for it in my devices manager but all i could find were the ones in the computer and recent ones that were in. i know the quailty is great in the razer headphones but when i listen to the audio, it isnt as good as it should be, so i know it isnt detected. What should the headphones in devices manger be named as? Do i have to install i driver and if so please send me link. Please help a soon as possible!

Calvito

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015

Some of the worst... Really?... Compared to what?!
Actually, that's irrelevant to the central issue[strike][/strike] here.

bcalvert, you are out of touch with reality and besides your comment serves no useful purpose whatsoever to the issue that the poster has! (and mine doesn't either, other than to point out your inappropriate comment).
If you can't make yourself useful and just wish to negatively criticise, abstain from posting.:no:

renmendgg

Estimable
May 2, 2015
it has great sound quality but I can't make it detect the microphone for the life of me.
6OloU6

ArchonNoble

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
There is a sound card USB adapter that you can use to hook up both the mic input and output to headphones called the SYBA Multimedia USB Stereo Audio Adapter. Here is a link to the product on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Syba-External-Virtual-Surround-SD-CM-UAUD71/dp/B001KT80IO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442938067&sr=8-1&keywords=SYBA+Multimedia+USB+Stereo+Audio+Adapter

I can confirm that this product works because I use it myself.
P.S. this product may have a different name than what I originally posted.

TheOncelor

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
First off, you shouldnt need the splitter for new laptops. Most new models can use both headphones and mic from the same port
(To conserve space)

I have Realtek HD Audio Manager on my laptop (as you likely do) (I am on an ASUS also using Razor Kraken Pros)
When you plug a new audio device (like a combined 3.5mm jack for your headphones) it will (most of the time) prompt you if the new device is:

-Speaker
or
-Headphones

If you pick speaker it will default to the mic on the laptop and the audio on the headphones.
If you pick Headphones it will use the mic and audio on the headphones

I dont know if you have this same sound manager, but if you do, you can force to prompt box to pup up
by following:

⊞>"Realtek HD Audio Manager"
Look for the panel on the right labled "Analog"
There should be a small folder in the top right corner of that panel.
Click it and enable "Enable auto popup dialogue, when device has been plugged in."

Hope this helps

GTSx

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Hey I have the same problem, But There is no foldericon in my realtek HD audio manager. Btw my realteck version is 6.0.1.7541, if it matters to you.