Have you tried checking if the headphone is set as the default playback device?
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.
- If the headphone is listed, right click on it and select Set Defaults then click Apply and OK.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the Sound Card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound Card driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- Test it again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also try a different headphone and test it again.
- If all these will not work last option would be to reinstall Windows 10.