Just placed an order on Dell Business Outlet...Looking to make sure it was a good deal!

woahbrono

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I have been researching and looking for a laptop for school, and general use now for about a month. I was originally looking at the Thinkpad x220, but was turned off by the sketchy used market I would have to go through. I ended up going with a Dell Latitude e5450 from the Dell Outlet Certified Refurbished. It was $719 with $350 off, so it came out to $369 ($350 is what I was calling my budget before upgrades). I made the same configuration on Dell's website new and it came out to around $1350.

My requirements were 13-15.6 in screen, 1080p resolution, at least i5 processor, solid build quality, and around $350 preferably.

Specs:
Dell Latitude e5450

i7-5600u
8gb single module ram (plan on doubling)
14in 1080p Anti-glare screen
500gb 7200rpm hd (plan on putting a 256 ssd in)
4 cell 51W/HR battery
1yr warranty

I was hawking the outlet site for a while, and this was the only i7 with a 1080p screen I saw come up close to that price that could apply the coupon to. What do you guys think? Do you think I could have gotten something better for school (IT/Business major) for around $400, or do you think I made a good buy? I still have plenty of time to cancel if I change my mind, and I'm sure the return policy is good as well. Just looking for some opinions :)
Thanks!

Solution

woahbrono

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

It didn't state cosmetic condition, but if it's not in great shape I'll just return it I guess. Thanks.

Cosmetic Grade B has scratches, dents, and the keyboard keys as well as the touchpad will show a lot of wear. Call Dell Outlet and just ask them about the cosmetic condition.

Funny you say X220, I actually have on for sale LOL, the Dell is fine for basic use, not a gaming system but the system is good for the price. You don't really need to upgrade the RAM, 8 is good unless you have some higher end needs for applications. X220 and the Latitude are very different systems though, The X220 is a 12.5" laptop, higher end build quality but smaller, and I don't know if any have an i7.

Solution