Just switched my LG 50GA6400 LED Google TV to use the TV/COAX input for over the air TV reception. Problem is no TV/COAX sourc

Andy_138

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Missing TV/COAX source in inputs.
Turns out that when LG upgraded Google TV to Android 4.2.2 they also disabled the digital tuner in the TV. So now there is no possible change of ever using thiese models for OTA viewing. So can't see the TV/COAX to be able to scan the antenna for channels since it can't see the tuner at all.
Any idea how to turn the tuner back on??

Andy_138

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I purchased an amplified HD antenna that works on other HD TVs I have here. On the LG no matter what I do it does not perform an auto or manual channel scan nor does it suggest I do this. TV/CPAX source never shows up in and setup or settings pages. I even disabled SIMPLINK as I read somewhere else. Is it possible the port and/or board is dead? The optical sound output is right next to the coax and that does not produce any output?

theantennaguys

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Go to the initial setup page for your TV. You have to turn the co-ax on and perform a scan. All TVs sold in the US and Canada MUST have a tuner built-in.

Did you try speaking to the store where you bought it?